Foot Prints...

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rainy Day... Road flooded...My unforgetable experience.

This morning, the rain fall quite heavily, perhaps we receive some blessing from God after the haze period, to feed us more fresh air. However, the sad thing is, heavy rain has caused part of the road that i must pass through flooded around 1 ft high. Before I came to this flooded section, as usual, traffic started to jam. However, the cars are still moving slowly.

I started to feel a bit regret since I have somehow predicted this when i saw the jam around 50m before the jam and there is a choice to do a U-turn for alternative route. Since, I am in the jam now, so I can only follow the traffic through. Following the traffic slowly in the jam, suddenly i saw another alternative road to turn back, hesitating whether to force towards the junction since i'm not in the lane nearest to the junction, then again, I've passed that junction. Oh god... what have i done! "OK, since the cars are moving, maybe the flood ahead is not that bad afterall," that's what i have consoled myself.

Oh shot, it's my turn to cross the 1 ft high flooded session up to around 20m long. "OK, easy, easy" that's what i have told myself seeing 2 cars have run through successfully ahead of me. However, the depth of the water really terrifying. What have i bring myself into, having 2 chance to take alternative route. "Should i wait? should i go?" without much time to hesitate, I shifted my manual gear to "1" and prepare to rush through it.

"1... 2... 3... Go! Go! Go!" Hearing the water outside the door splashing, and surprising the water splash ahead of me run above my bonet, and splash onto my windsheild. "Oh God, that deep! the water, my car is going to die off." Then, my car suddenly slow down, even though my still stepping on the gas pedal really hard, and my car seems like not going anywhere. "Oh God, what have I done....?" :(

Before I released the gas pedal, suddenly, the car started to move forward strongly again. "Thank god, thank god...." Totally confused with the situation, I quickly move out of the flooded session, and wondering what would happen to my car after that disastrous experience. Slowly, I drive while listening to any possible sound caused by just now incident. Hhmm.... seems ok, then I continue to drive to work. Hopefully my car will be alright.

Then I started to think what was happening just now... perhaps, when rushing through the water, the obstructions of the water has caused my front wheels to lift above the ground. When, my wheels fall back to the ground again, it started to rush through the water again.... Whew... what an experience.

What have I learn from this experience? Never hesitate whenever a decision is going to be made. Just go for it. Then, I also learn that, when we working really hard on a job or project and suddenly there is no significant improvement and we are not going anywhere, then we have to evaluate whether is the "wheels" lift from the ground because we are rushing my work, before we look for alternative way or change our strategy or give up. Mmm.... who knows? maybe it just needed more time to show the result. Never give up and Just do it !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home